The Maison de la Nativité was primarily an SNJM residence. However, throughout its history, it often had the opportunity to help parish schools by temporarily transforming rooms into classrooms to accommodate students waiting for a transfer to a school in the process of expansion or construction.
First (1898) located on Dézéry Street, near Ontario, Nativité-de-la-Sainte-Vierge Parish, Hochelaga, Montreal. This house was sold in 1912 and bought back in 1921. It then took the name of Sainte-Ludivine Academy. It was sold again in 1925.
The Maison de la Nativité moved in 1911 to 2079 Saint-Germain Street. The building was demolished in 1970. 1911-1970
The SNJM Sisters residing at Maison de la Nativité worked in the Nativité Parish Schools as well as:
Saint-Joseph School (built in 1876, south-east corner of Hudon and Dézéry Streets), which became Hudon School in 1928, then Hyacinthe-Hudon School in 1931 (Hochelaga Convent – L011). 1876-1970
Nativité-de-la-Sainte-Vierge School. 1907-1970
Frontenac School. 1910-
Stadacona School, which became Marie-Reine School (L225)