Foundation of the convent in Beloeil

The mission in Beloeil took off on November 3, 1846. It was the second convent founded by Mother Marie-Rose who thus renewed her contact with the population of the city where she worked for 12 years with her brother, the parish priest.

Second convent of Beloeil – 1886

This foundation was an important moment for Eulalie Durocher and her faithful companion Mélodie Dufresne (Mother Marie-Agnès). Even after the convent closed, many SNJM sisters continued their mission in the community.

Find out more by consulting this historical note on the presence of the SNJM in Beloeil.

Class of students – Beloeil convent – 191